What is E Waste
Electronic waste, e-waste, e-scrap or Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment(WEEE) is described loosely as discarded, surplus, obsolete, or broken electrical or electronic devices. Any item with a battery or power plug can be classified as e-waste. It is also waste generated before, during and after the manufacturing of electrical and electronic goods.Items commonly included in e-waste are:
1. Desktop and Laptop computers.
2. Printers and other peripherals.
3. Mobile phones.
4. IT equipment such as servers.
5. All types of Wires and cables.
6. TV's, CRT and LCD monitors.
7. Electrical equipment such as tube lights, bulbs, fittings, surveillance systems etc.
8. Large electrical items like DG sets and UPS.
9. Domestic white goods such as refrigerators, microwaves, ovens, toasters, vaccum cleaners etc.